A number of measures have been announced by the Executive Committee chaired by His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Prime Minister, reports GDN News Team.
The 11 decisions will be enacted from tomorrow for a period of one month with the possibility of an extension:
- 1. Work at public and private organisations will continue as normal, urging remote working whenever possible.
- 2. Commercial and shopping malls will remain open
- 3. Activities at restaurants will be limited to deliveries and takeaways
- 4. All cinemas will be closed for a month
- 5. Closure of private sport centres, gyms, swimming pools and recreational centres
- 6. Sheesha cafes will not serve sheeshas and will be open only for deliveries and takeaways
- 7. Allocating the first opening hour of supermarkets for the elderly and pregnant women
- 8. Avoid gatherings of more than 20 people and leave the house only if necessary
- 9. Avoid all travel unless absolutely necessary
- 10. Screening of all travellers entering and placing them in self-quarantine for 14 days
- 11. All public and private educational institutions will be closed until further notice.