1. Which is the last medal presented at the Olympic Games?
2. Which words did commedians 'the two Ronnies' end every TV show with?
'It’s goodnight from me and it’s goodnight from him.'
3. Traditionally, what is the song sung to bring in the new year?
Auld Lang Sine
4. ’It was beauty that killed the beast’ are the last lines of which classic 1933 film?
5. Which British television programme, popular around the world, always ended with Sir Humphrey Appleby saying the same two words? 'Yes Minister'?
6. What sound signals the ended of a Rugby League match?
7. At the end of the film ‘Some like it hot’ Jack Lemon, dressed as a woman, desperately tries to fend off the advances of Joe E Brown by ripping off his wig and saying ‘I’m a man ‘what is his suitor’s reply?
8. What are the last three words in the book Treasure Island, spoken by Captain Flint?
Pieces of Eight
9. What is a second year student known as in an American university or high school?
10. The the police series ‘Hill Street Blues’ always started with a briefing by the sergeant to the officers going out on the beat. This speech always ended with which cautionary advice?
'Let’s be careful out there!'